Education Financial Assistance Grants

SMCHA Offers Education Financial Assistance Grants

The Swiss Mennonite Cultural and Historical Association (SMCHA) is again offering education financial assistance grants to individuals preparing for full-time Christian service, Mennonite ministry, Mennonite voluntary service, or other related careers. The maximum grant available is $1,000 for full-time ministerial students with lesser amounts for part-time students and Mennonite voluntary service participants. The application deadline is May 30, of the upcoming school year.

These grants are available to members of the following Swiss-Volhynian churches and to individuals of Swiss-Volhynian descent who may attend elsewhere:

  • Eden Mennonite Church in Moundridge, KS
  • First Mennonite Church of Christian in Moundridge, KS
  • First Mennonite Church in McPherson, KS
  • First Mennonite Church in Pretty Prairie, KS
  • West Zion Mennonite Church in Moundridge, KS
  • Kingman Mennonite Church in Kingman, KS
  • Salem Mennonite Church in Freeman, SD
  • Salem-Zion Mennonite Church in Freeman, SD

Criteria for Awarding:

1. Applicants must have membership in one of the historic Swiss-Volhynian churches listed above or be of Swiss-Volhynian descent, and are either:

  • Accepted by or enrolled in Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary or Eastern Mennonite Seminary. (These will be given preference.)
  • OR, accepted into or involved in Mennonite voluntary service programs sponsored by Mennonite Mission Network or MCC.
  • OR, will be or are involved in ministry exploration programs or other
    Christian service career-related programs at Mennonite colleges.

2. Applicants must submit a letter of application by mail or email to the Swiss Mennonite Selection Committee, c/o Roger Juhnke, 328 Lakeshore Dr., Newton, KS 67114 This must be accompanied with or followed by a letter of recommendation from his/her pastor or a congregation member.

Application deadline is May 30.

For further information contact Roger Juhnke at 316-283-0452, or Kerwin Graber at 605-660-3382